Story of the Heritage Site
Taipei Story House is the only Tudor style heritage building in Taiwan. It was built in 1913 by a Taipei tea merchant Chen Chao-chun on the Yuanshan section of the Keelung River in Taipei City for the purpose of entertaining clients. In 1998, the Taipei City Government designated this building a heritage site, and in 2003 Ms. K.C. Chen sponsored the establishment of Taipei Story House at this location.
The mission of Taipei Story House is to introduce visitors to life and culture in Taiwan over the past century, and to promote the re-use of historical buildings in Taiwan. Since 2003, Taipei Story House has organized a wide range of exhibition and cultural activities, providing visitors easy access to history and breathing new life into an important heritage site.